~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Thursday, December 4, 2008

Finished!

Well, as of today, our move is complete. Dustin and I went to the old place for one final clearing out last night. We got everything out, wiped down, and vacuumed up. While we didn't leave it sparkling, we left it decent, which is more than I thought I was going to be able to so close to the wire there. It wasn't in perfect shape when we moved in, so I am not too terribly upset by this.

I must say, that waking up today, and knowing that I could come HOME after dropping the kids off, instead of having to drive out and work on the old place, was a huge relief. It felt amazing. I was able to stay in my jammies, sip my coffee, and peruse the Internet at a nice, leisurely pace. I got the kitchen almost completely unpacked, and got the living room worked on more. All of my books are put away, but I still have 2-3 boxes of kids books to sort through. The furniture is all in it's rightful place, with the exception of my bed, which still needs to be put together. In time.. I can wait.

I was able to crack open the totes containing my Christmas decorations, and put some of them up. Not too many though, since I still have a war zone of boxes to go through, and I don't want to constantly have to rearrange them. However, I will have all weekend, and the first three days of the week to work on it. I plan to have made a sizable dent in them by the time that is over. Then I will have to start working on that Christmas decorating, and holiday food preparation, and wrapping the gifts and getting the tree. I have books I've picked up from work on various crafts inspired by the holiday season. We will see how they turn out :)

I am now searching for equipment to come in and tear up the blackberry vines and small weed-trees in the yard, primarily where the garden will be, and out in front. Then I need to rototill it all up, and fertilize it, and put up a fence around it. The chicken coop / garden shed needs to be built. So much to do, and I love it!

0 comments:

Blog Archive