~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Zoos, Pirates, and School

The kids started school last week. Did I blog about that already? My brain is frazzled and I don't remember. In any event, it went okay, despite my absolute screw-up regarding all facets of the busses. *Sigh* It's better now, I think. Both kids enjoyed thier first week, even though I am not enjoying having to get up at 6am to facilitate thier morning routine. But, it gives me time to facilitate my exercising, which I have been building into my morning routine. It isn't nice, and I really hate myself for it. But, I'm hoping that with time I'll love myself for it. We'll see.

In celebration, we took the kids to the Woodland Park Zoo this past Saturday. It was an okay trip. It started early, and rocky, but we made it through. I spent the day feeling pretty 3rd-wheelish, but overall I think the kids had a good time. It may have run a bit long for them, but it's a learning experience for us next time. As in- next time, PLAN. It's too big to just wander at random. You really need to have a route plotted. But it's a great zoo. We got season passes, so we can try again another time.
Sunday continued Pirate Days in Port Orchard. Well, I guess it's technically known as "Murder Mystery Weekend", but really- we're all there for the pirates. While we missed the big fun stuff that happened on Saturday (while we were at the zoo), we came down Sunday and got to see the children's costume contest, as well as the pet costume contest. It was really quite cute, and I completely agreed with the judge's choices. There were some pretty fantastic costumes. Judging by the attire worn by the adult party-goers, I am rather disappointed that I missed the adult contest. While we were there though, we got a program for an event in Oregon this coming weekend, which we just might go to after I get off work Saturday.

So, another week has started, and is now about half-over for me, which I am thankful for. I enjoy my job, but I need to readjust to this morning wakeup stuff. I'm still trying to track down what time my son's bus arrives in the morning, but other than that things seem to be going smoothly. Tonight is his open house, so I'm planning on stopping by the office and seeing if I can get time verifications while I'm there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Thaydra,
I really like your blog and I apologize for it taking me so long to visit.
Sounds like you guys had a great time at the zoo. I recently visited the San Diego zoo and it was great! I can really relate having to get up so early in the mornings :) It really stinx! But, we got a do what we gotta do right? LOL
Take care my friend,
Julian :)

Accumulate Man said...

Every day I hear school buses coming and going and think back to the day when I thought we were sooo lucky to have the buses stop practically right in front of the house. Being so close just made our timing sloppy. I can't tell you how many times those kids kept the buses waiting or had to fly out the door with breakfast still in their hands, or worse, miss the bus entirely so that we would have to take them in ourselves. That got to be a fairly regular occurence in this household towards the end of the school year. Lots of tardy slips. So don't worry about raggedy beginnings of your bus experience, it'll tighten up (or not) One way or the other they'll still get an education. Nice blog. Keep up the good work. Wally

Blog Archive