~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Wednesday, October 5, 2011

On the Hilltop

  Tomorrow is my 35th birthday.    Let me be the first to tell you-  I am not doing good with this.   I took turning 30 just fine.   Yeah, I was no longer in my 20s, but by that time, I think I was ready to grow up some, and be an adult.  But, 35 just seems overwhelming.   At 35 they start telling you about all the things you can't (or shouldn't) do, like have children,  and a whole new list of things you should do, like mammograms.   It's like a huge stamp that says "Officially OLD" on my forehead.  I have yet to find wrinkles, but I am sure they are coming. Of course, I slather on my handful of moisturizer every night and forbid myself to even look for them.   It may just be denial. 

  I'll tell you where I do see it.  On my chest.  I cannot begin to tell you how much that bothers me.   I've always had good skin.  I keep telling myself it's because of my weight and my diet, and that as soon as I get those fixed (which I'm working on), it will get better.  Then I try and tell myself it's because I don't eat well, or drink enough water or milk.  So I started taking vitamins and drinking them with milk, and drinking more water.  Eventually I suppose I will have to face the facts and embrace the signs of aging.  However, at this point, I'm still in an absolute state of denial.  

They say that 50 is "over the hill".  35 must be when you crest it, because everything starts to go downhill afterwards, right?  Not that I think my life is halfway over.  Now, the mission is to get serious about being on top of my health.  Getting fit, if not fabulous, and staying that way.  Sometimes the other side of the hill is the lush, tropical resort, right? 

0 comments:

Blog Archive