~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Friday, October 3, 2008

Mud-slinging


I hate election years. I totally understand the democracy behind it, and I wholey support the people choosing their leaders. That is not my issue. My problem is with all the filth they call "commercials" or "advertisment" on television and radio and alongside roadways. When I was in school, or when one of my children come home and talk about people acting like this at school, it was called bullying. All I see on these commercials is them talking smack about the other person. In not one single ad this year have I seen any of them talk about their agendas for the next term. Not one has told me what they plan to do. All I hear is them talk about what nasty thing the other one has done. Do I care about this stuff? In a sense, yes- but I want facts, not their spin on it. And I don't want to hear it in the way they are presenting it. When I see a candidate (or their representation) on the television, I want to hear what they plan to do to help fix and further our nation, not hear them bad-mouthing their running opposition.


So- instead of them convincing me that I should vote for them, they just make me feel that all we have running the place is overgrown bullies. Wonderfully comforting.... gah!

0 comments:

Blog Archive