~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Monday, November 24, 2008

Oregon

So this past weekend we went to Oregon. "We" being Dustin, the kids, and me. Immediately after work, I drove straight home, and packed enough clothes and accessories for the four of us, then we jumped in the car. After dropping off the dog at my sister's place, and grabbing a quick(ish) bite at Taco Bell, we started our 6-hour drive to Heppner, Oregon. My throat continued to bother me throughout the drive, as did my head, but I was able to pull in some light dozing while my body braced itself through Dustin's driving.. lol.

We pulled into the hotel at 2:30am, and we all dove for the beds. Dustin woke up at the ass-crack of dawn as always, chipper with energy, while the rest of us groaned and pulled the covers further over our heads. He headed to church with his family while the kids and I finished more of our sleep. After church service, he returned, and him and I took a little walk of the town. The town was easily walkable in I'd say, maybe 20 minutes. It's tiny! So cute though.

Dustin's grandparents were not home when we got there. We let ourselves in per their request. They have such a quaint, cozy home. Their wood stove was going when we got there, and the room was nice and toasty. Dustin's mom and her husband showed up soon after us, and then his grandparents shortly thereafter.

We had a nice lunch of veggie spaghetti with vegetarian meatballs, green beans, bread and salad. Even my daughter liked the spaghetti, although my son didn't. On a trip down to the park, my daughter got invited to a bonfire with Dustin's sister and her daughter. They got to go on a hayride and the whole nine-yards. She spent the night there. After she left, Dustin, my son and I went back down to the hotel for a nap, as we were pretty tired still. We went back up for snacks and conversation and left for bed early.

The next morning, Dustin was once again up at the break of dawn, and he went and had breakfast with his family while I waited for my boy to wake up. We finally had to drag him out of bed at 10, so that we could check out of the hotel. More of Dustin's family showed up on Sunday, and I finally got to meet his brother. We had a big lunch of veggie burgers and dogs, with salads, chips, veggies, and pie. It was good, but I'm still not a big proponent of the veggie meats...

We left Oregon at about 3pm on Sunday, and made it back into town at around 8:30. Apparently the dog did good over at my sister's house. Our cat decided she was now queen of the castle, and she's now the boss (as if she didn't act enough that way before). We'll see who wins- her or my daughter.

0 comments:

Blog Archive