~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Monday, July 20, 2009

Half-Hour My Hiney

I think the clock is broken. Including the computer clock. They all broke in sync. Stupid clocks.

I'm hungry. I ran out the door yet again with nothing but coffee in my tum-tum. And even that was negligible, as it was rewarmed over from yesterday's pot, and then another cup of instant coffee that I screwed up and put WAY too much coffee in.

So... yeah....

We built some planter boxes that line the front of the house. I say "we", but it was Dustin who built them. We borrowed a truck from some friends, and had it filled with dirt a few times, and there is a truckload sitting at home waiting for me to come back and shovel it into the wheelbarrow, and fill those neat little planters up. I bought some fantastic flowers that are said to attract hummingbirds that I'm going to plant in front of the windows. It is also going to house my dahlias and some iris. We'll see what else I put in there. I'm super excited about it.

On Friday night, we took the kids, along with one of my son's friends, to see Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince. I liked it. Of course, I had a hard time remembering the beginning of it (from the book). I remembered it come the end though. They did a good job with it. Of course, the books are entirely better all around. But for visual stimulation it works.

The next evening we went to some pals' house (the ones that lent us the truck), and had pizza and watched FanBoys. That was pretty funny. Probably even better if you are a big Star Wars fan. Maybe not so much if you prefer Star Trek. I like Wars better. But I'm not fanatical like they are. But made for good movie material.

I'm consistently amazed by the people from my past that continue to come out of the ether on FaceBook. It's awesome seeing these people again, and finding out where their life's path took them. Some aren't so hot, others are fantastic. If you use Facebook and are not already connected to me, and want to be... look up Thaydra. If I don't know you firsthand, throw in a little comment so I know what the heck you want and how you know me! (just mention the blog).


I began taking Pilate's classes through my job. The day after the first class I thought I was going to die. Or at least maybe snap in half (or any number of pieces). But now, I'm amazed at how much my body will do and rebound from. After just one class. I don't know if it is related or not, but it's definitely coinkydinky if not. I'm going to have to figure out what I'm going to do once the class is over. I can't just quit, because I have plans for all this weight loss and six-pack abs.

Ok.. I think that's it. I'll try to get some pictures up of the new flower bed in the next day or so.

0 comments:

Blog Archive