~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Scheduling the Job


As the kids begin their adventures back to yet another school year, I have decided that it's time to give myself some scheduled discipline as well. I have always heard that writers should schedule blocks of time devoted just to writing. Somewhat akin to a job schedule. This is my "other" job, and it needs to have dedicated time just for it. I have to write. Regardless of what spews forth, or where I spew it at, as long as I'm writing, it's okay.

Since the kids go to bed at 9pm (and I may increase it to 10pm if they get up easy enough in the mornings) I am officially making my writing time from 10pm until 12am. Tonight, that writing is going here. Eventually I want to move it to my story, but that task is a bit daunting right now, and I am honestly not in the mind frame for it.

I've noticed as Summer slips the torch onto Autumn, that my mood becomes quite internal and reflective. I have issues about / with myself that I someday hope to come to terms with, figure out, resolve, and whatnot. I have here and other blogs to help purge that from my system as well. My son's Language Arts teacher is requiring them to keep some type of journal this year. I am thinking it might be prudent for me to do the same. I won't be able to sort through most of this junk if I just keep letting it pile and don't honestly take time to decipher it.




I'm also toying with the idea of keeping a dream journal again. I did that in the past, and found it very rewarding. Not to mention, pretty much every story I've ever written, or have waiting to be written, has it's seed come from a dream. I find it fascinating to go back over the dreams, try and figure them out, decipher their hidden meanings. I found one of my old dream journals from when I was a teenager a while back. It was awesome to be able to go through, and remember dreams from way back then. I had told the idea to my daughter, who thought I meant a What-I-Want-Out-Of-Life type dream journal. I think that would be a neat idea to try and keep, too. Especially the kids at this age. Something to look back on, and see what all was accomplished, how dreams and desires grow and change, etc... So, I may have to buy stock in the composition book industry here soon!

As for more easier, if more physically daunting tasks, I have a few around-the-house items I need to attend to. Autumn cleaning, if you will. I need to organize the crafting area. Since my daughter has gotten involved in crafting, that area has just exploded! Which, is great, but it makes it difficult to find stuff. We need to put some sort of system in place so we can see what we have, know where it is, and be able to see when we need more!
I also want to completely clean out the carport and porch area. That has almost gotten to the point of physical need at this point. It makes coming home not-so-pleasant. The first thing I see is junk, disorder, yuck. That needs to change. The same goes for the front yard, though that is not quite as bad.

I really want to just go through and give each room of the house a complete overhaul. It seems like a crazy idea. But, I think it will do good to just take a room, pull everything completely out of it, and then put it back in. It will help with the decluttering, which is something I desperately need to do, both around the house and within myself!

1 comments:

dulcigal said...

Yup, definitely on the same page.

I learned something recently about cleaning out a room. Ask yourself two questions:

1. What is the purpose of this room?
2. Does this contribute to the purpose of this room?

If the answer to #2 is "no", reassign/donate/toss it. Don't let it back into the room!

Blog Archive