~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Sunday, September 5, 2010

American Carnage!


Friday Dustin and I went to see Testament, Megadeth and Slayer at the WaMu Theater. That was so freakin' fun!!! We stood in line for a couple hours to get in, and marveled at how many young people were there! I've been following Slayer for over 20 years now, and there were many kids who weren't even that old there! There were quite a few parent/child combos, which I thought was absolutely fantastic. Once inside, I bought a $10 screwdriver (the drink, not the tool), then watched a hell of a good show. This being Dustin's first real main-stream concert, he had to participate in the front of the crowd, bar gut mayhem. He survived through Testament's, barely made it out of Megadeth's, and I advised him to not even attempt Slayer's, which he wisely agreed to.

All three bands put on spectacular shows. Testament was more vocal, as in, they talked more, riling the crowd up with mosh pits and the Wall of Death. Megadeth came out and thrashed the place, and then Slayer ended it with their overdose of awesome as they always do. I was beyond thrilled. I think I could have died and gone to heaven after they played Dead Skin Mask (which is my favorite Slayer song). Okay, considering where I was... maybe not Heaven, but it would have been a gloriously happy death nonetheless.

Yesterday, we were surprisingly not overly sore, as I was expecting to be. We were sore, but not stay-in-bed-all-day-because-I-can't-move sore. We instead went to a friend's birthday BBQ, and sat there all day. We finally left around 11pm. It was fun, and a lot of yummy food.

Today, we're going over to the Blackberry Festival in Bremerton. Tons of vendors with all sorts of different wares for eye-candy (and perhaps purchasing) pleasure. Then another birthday party, but this for a much younger sort. More fun times.

Tomorrow is Monday, Labor Day, and I don't have to work. So, I get to go hit up the Goodwill's $1.29 stuff, not to mention whatever other sales they have going on for the holiday. Who knows when I'll get another available Monday for this, so I'm definitely not missing it!


My weekend has been incredible so far. Love it!

0 comments:

Blog Archive