~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Saturday, January 7, 2012

Productivity

  Today was a rather productive day, if I do say so myself.   I finally found a table (for FREE on Craigslist- can't beat that!) to use as a crafting table.  We also found a really nice desk to use as a sewing table for cheap at the Goodwill.  So, the room that has been storing all the random stuff since we moved in got cleared out.  When I looked at it, I realized it really needed a good vacuuming and shampooing.  Since I cannot afford the carpet shampoo for the shampooer, I went online looking for homemade cleaners to use instead.  Almost every site I looked at suggested a mixture of white distilled vinegar and water.  So, that's what I did.  I couldn't believe how well it worked! 

  So, my crafting room and living room got a shampooing.  Then, we went over to a friend's house to help her clear out a back bedroom that was FULL of stuff her landlords had left.  Well, we got there late, so weren't much help for that, but got to do a little bit, and then stuck around for some birthday cake!     They gave us an old entertainment center they had recently replaced, so we brought that home .  When they brought the entertainment center here, Boyfriend talked them into helping him move the crafting table (which is really heavy) into the crafting area. 

  When we got home from their house, we set up the entertainment center. The end table the tv had been sitting on was moved into the craft room to house my daughter's new convection oven that we got her for her polymer clays.   Then the bookshelf that was holding all the dvds and video games got switched out with a smaller one, since the games fit in the entertainment center.  The bigger bookcase got moved into the crafting room, and I got to put out all my crafting books, as well as some other random books and now I have more room to unpack more books!   Tomorrow, once the battery for the drill is charged, we will hang a shelf for the craft room, and maybe switch around the table and booths in the kitchen.

 I'm excited to be finally feeling like we are getting settled in, set up, and making the house our own.  I am super excited, though, to have a place set up specifically for crafting.  We have a huge table where we can both really spread out our stuff, and not interfere with each other's space!  I have an area set up specifically for sewing, so no more excuses.  I HAVE to learn how to use that thing, and then actually use it!  I think my daughter will use it, too.  

I'm hoping that this year turns out to be more creatively productive then last year was.

0 comments:

Blog Archive