~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunshine in a Pill



  I started taking vitamins again yesterday.   A good, all-around multivitamin for the three of us, and then additional Vitamin D (with Fish oil) and a B-Complex mix for myself.  I may have the kids start taking the vitamin D once the weather turns dark again in a few months.   I am very much affected by the lack of good weather here.   There are only about 3-4 months out of the year that the weather is nice, dry and actually sunny and warm.  Those months I thrive.  I could spend all day(s) just lounging at the lake, basking in the sunshine.   I would say I have that Seasonal Affective Disorder, but it's hard to tell, because that dreary "season" is pretty much autumn through spring.  I do know that I always have tons more energy and a feeling of well-being, and I even think something bordering on the verge of actual happiness, during the summertime.  Or, whenever the weather makes a turn for the better.  I also know that after that good turn comes, when the bad weather strikes again, it hits me harder, too.  

But what do you do when that dreary season is 9 months long??




  On the advice of my sister (who is not a doctor, but I'm starting to mistrust most of them anyway), I started taking Vitamin D;  A little dose of sunshine that may not be given by the actual appearance of the sun.  I suppose it will be hard to tell whether or not it is actually making a difference, since it seems the warmer weather is peeking into us a bit early (though, I am really trying to not get used to it.  The weather here is notorious for giving a few days tease, and then taking it away again for weeks).  However, my hope is that by the time the dreary season comes back, I will have enough sunshine dosed up in me to counteract the blackness those clouds, rain and cold bring me. 

   

0 comments:

Blog Archive