~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Crossed Fingers

***UPDATE**** We signed the lease agreement!! The landlandy (Cindy) is awesome. So far, I love her. So much weight has been lifted off my chest... It's an amazing feeling. Thank you to all of you who have helped out with this whole thing. I couldn't have made it through (without a full-blown, major panic attack or fifty) without you! Now, we will be scheduling a moving party!! End of August. =D



  So, we may have found a place.  We meet with the landlady in 2 hours to go over paperwork and all that jazz.  My son's Boy Scout leader is moving, and they need someone to move into the house they are leaving.  The funny thing is (and I may have mentioned this in a previous post) that we actually looked at the house last year when we were moving.  But, this house we are in won, not only for its size, but for the fact that it was with a property management.  After all the problems we've dealt with over the years with just dealing with the homeowners, we thought having a property management to go through would be a nice change.  Boy howdy, were we wrong. 

  Anyway, so we went back to the house and looked at it yesterday.  It is right around the corner from where we are now, so same location.  The bus stops wouldn't even change for the kids, other than the fact that they are moving up into the higher grades now.  It is directly across the street from a nice park, so while our yard is going to be smaller, we  have an entire park right across the street to play in.   Best of all, the Scout leader has had nothing but absolutely fabulous things to say about the landlady and her experience with her, and that leaves me feeling better than anything. 

I am trying not to get too hopeful just at the moment, though.  We are going to have a bit of a struggle with deposits.  As in- I have no freakin money, so I don't know how the hell I will get a deposit at all.  I'm hoping that she is willing to work with us on that a bit.  We will find out this morning.  We have nothing until the people here get through the house and give us our deposit back. However, in the dealings we've had with them in the past, I do not expect that to be quick, easy, or painless.  I am fully expecting them to take their sweet time with it, and then try and screw us out of as much as they possibly can.  

That, and I am also concerned with the amount of time that we will actually have to move.  I suppose it won't be too much of an issue, being as it is just right around the corner.  Moving will be fast.  Hell, I don't even have to pack too much really.  Just walk it over there.  We may only have a window of a week or so to get over there, which is totally doable.   My ideal scenario would be for us to be able to start moving in around the 15th, in order to give us plenty of time to actually set up and move stuff around and all that.  However, that will involve extra money for split month's rent, which I just do not have. 
Omg.. I need more money.

  Oh well.  It will work itself out.  I just hope that this scenario itself works itself out.   I like the homeowner.  I love the location.  And the house is really cute.  Smaller than here, but workable.  My daughter gave it a big thumbs up, too.   So, keep your fingers crossed for us, will ya?  =)

0 comments:

Blog Archive