~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lists

I am finding in my aging that doing things to keep me active and engaged (even if it's not publicly or socially engaged) is more and more important to me. It is important for my health, physically and mentally.


Lists are something that are a thing in my life.   I seem to do better with things when I can look at them, and check them off.  It's that feeling of accomplishment, I think, more than anything that motivates me to keep checking those items off the list. 

 So, with this in mind, I have decided to give myself a list of daily to-dos; Things I want to strive to do every day, come hell or high water (to be cliche).  The list is not long, just a few things that I think should accompany each day in some form or another.  

1.  Exercise for at least 30 minutes. 

2.  Craft for 30 minutes, or complete one item.

3.  Write for 30 minutes, be it on my story or in a blog. 

4.  Work on learning Latin for at least 20 minutes.

5.  Read for 30 minutes.

6.  Drink 6 glasses of water (or 48oz).

7.  Eat two servings of fruit.

8.  Eat two servings of vegetables. 

9.  Find a way to incorporate a new word into my vocabulary.

10.  Spend 20-30 minutes on a brain-stimulating activity or game.


Well, that's all I have for now.  It only encompasses about 3-4 hours of my day, but is loaded with all the things I think will make a huge difference in how I feel about myself.  

What types of things do you find on your daily to-do list?

0 comments:

Blog Archive