~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Tuesday, March 25, 2014

60 Ways in 100 Days

  Recently a post was making the rounds through my friends on Facebook.  It was titled "60 Small Ways to Improve Your Life in 100 Days"  At first I just bypassed it, thinking just another "self-help" type fad that was circling.   Then, during a down moment where I had nothing else to do, I decided to read through it.  Then I decided to print it.  Now I've decided to do it.  The things they had listed might have been sort of "duh" points, but the idea is to actually buckle down and do it.    

  Now, I'm not doing all 60 items listed on the list.  Some of them overlap for me, and others I just feel I won't actually stay on track with, and since that's setting myself up for failure, I will just start out with a few I can actually focus on, and I think they are the more important ones (for me) anyway.  Then I can gradually start adding in the others.  This way, I won't overwhelm myself right off the bat. 

The ones I am focusing on (note that the numbers are based off the number on the article):

#1  Creating a decluttering calendar. 
and
#3 Identify items around the house you've been tolerating and fix one each day.

These two I am combining into one focus, since many of the things I've been "tolerating" are also decluttering jobs.  I will make a list (to follow) of things to get done, and be sure to not go to bed without marking one off each day. 

#4  Write down 5 things I'm grateful for, every day.   It's good to remember what's going right, even if it's hearing the birds chirping outside. 

#5  Make a list of things I enjoy doing, and make sure to do at least one each day. 

#7  Have a good laugh (and share it) each day.

#9 Learn something new (and share it) each day.

#19  Get a notebook and take it everywhere, to store random thoughts, to-dos, appointments, etc.  I just got a new phone, and think I'll become very familiar with the note apps on it for this.

 #26  Weekly reviews.  I'm also planning to do daily reviews, which I will explain following.

#31 Eat my veggies

#32  Eat my fruit (smoothies ftw!)

#36 Drink more water (I don't drink carbonated beverages very often; rarely actually.  I do need to up my water intake though)

#38  Make lunches/dinner.   I'm altering this a bit from the site, but I have a horrible time with not taking a lunch to work, which means I have to go out.  Or I get lazy when I get home and order pizza instead of cooking.  This wastes money and most often creates horrible eating habits.

#39  Create a list of healthy snacks.  Keep them on hand (and at work!).

#40  Create meal plans for two-week increments.

#42  Exercise and stretch

Something I added:   Find and share a quote I find inspiring.  Reflect upon said quote for a few moments.


In order to hold myself more accountable for these, I've decided to do a nightly blog about what I've accomplished during the day, and reflect upon where I need to work.  It will be like a daily diary /journal entry before retiring for the night.   I know this "blogging for accountability" hasn't worked much for me in the past, but I think I might have a couple more people who read this now who can help hold me accountable.  I'd appreciate any feedback in either private messages or in the comments during these.  It also lets me know I'm actually being watched (ie: accountability).  So reprimand me if I start slacking.  ;) 

0 comments:

Blog Archive