~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Monday, January 16, 2023

I Am- Calm

 Continuing on with the "I AM" statements using the alphabet- an idea I found over at Inside Insights - for the letter "C" this week I chose the word "Calm".

I AM Calm.


There were a few words that went back and forth in my mind to choose for this week.  Creative.  Curious. (Crazy?).  I decided to be maybe a little cliche and go with the word Calm, though. 


I don’t know if I mentioned this previously (and have not consumed enough caffeine to be motivated enough to go back and look) but part of this whole weekly affirmation process for myself is to pull a tarot card to accompany my week.  It’s purpose is to give me some clarity on where my focus for the week should be- what should I be aware of? This week’s card (the five of wands) spoke about my scatter-brainedness, and that I need to find ways to bring calm and focus to my mind.  So, I quite literally decided to pull the word straight from there and tie it directly together.  It seemed appropriate, because it’s correct.  Hell, yesterday proved that… 


I Am Calm.  What does that mean?  I suppose it’s pretty straight forward in a sense.  It also ties right in with last week’s affirmation about breathing.  I’m starting to detect a pattern here.  I’ll take note of that.  Just like with last week’s breathing, remaining calm helps to see things more clearly.  More rationally.  It helps to keep one from making rash decisions.  I have a tendency to make those, and it's typically not the best. 


It also just allows one to relax. Go with the flow.  I believe staying calm also allows one to be more open-minded, more perceptive to other points of view. I value that so I want to do what I can to encourage my ability to continue growth in that area. 


Remaining calm also means being able to face things head on, because I won’t be facing them from a place of anger or panic. Or at least not allowing those feelings to have control.


I Am Calm. I can take what Life throws at me and stay in a place of rationality. I can look at it with an open mind and see all sides.  I can face it and make a decision with a clear mind. I can go with the flow of life, but when decisions need to be made I can keep negative emotions in check and make those decisions from a place of focus.  I am calm.


0 comments:

Blog Archive