~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)

We were having this conversation here at work the other day. Why is it that we readers feel the necessity to finish a book that we hate?? It doesn't seem to matter whether we are at the beginning, middle, or near the end of the book. We hate it. We can't stand it. Yet we HAVE to see it through until the end.

Perhaps we could use this on our resumes? A clear example of how obsessively we see tasks through? Of course, if only I could transfer that crazy obsession to other areas, such as housework. I must see the cleaning out of my garage through to the end! It's an unfinished book! I wonder if that approach would work at all.

I have grand plans to clean out my kids' rooms this coming weekend (not today end of the weekend, but next weekend. My procrastination hasn't yet started. Or maybe it has but I'm procrastinating in acknowledging it). I will view this project as an Unfinished Book. The Book of Does My Daughter REALLY Have A Floor??

I'll let you know how that turns out....

4 comments:

Laura Warren said...

The Book of Does My Daughter REALLY Have A Floor??

I think I need to read this book too! I just figure when she moves out, I'm going to load up all the her stuff and send it with her!

I love reading your blog...good entertainment. And don't worry about finishing a book. Life is too short to finish bad books!

Laura Warren
net2pt0 Team

LibraryGuy said...

Been there, gave up on it. Once upon a time I forced myself to finish a Clive Cussler novel, just so I could really trash it. But now, older and (I like to think) wiser, I've realized that Laura is absolutely right: "Life is too short for bad books." Or bad movies, or bad relationships, or bad whatever (unless they're really cool bad movies).

Thaydra said...

Really cool bad movies.... rock! hehe.. especially ( in MY opinion ).. the REALLY corny b-rated cheese laden horror flixs that just have your head rolling...

But that is a whole other post. I've got PLENTY of those to share!!!

Anonymous said...

Great work.

Blog Archive