~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bucket List

  In my quest for happiness, etc.. blah blah blah, I decided that I should have a bucket list.  A to-do list for my life.  I like the idea of having a list that I can look at, to help point me along the paths I should be taking.  I am in the beginning stages of two separate lists-  one that pertains just to things I want to accomplish, and another that pertains to things I'd like to accomplish with the family.   I figure this will help me plan vacations, or even just see where I need to work towards.  I still need to sit down with the kids and get their wish lists to help add to that list.  In any event, for those of you interested, here are my two lists as they've been completed thus far:

Bucket List (Personal)


1. Finish writing Bone & Silver

2. Publish Bone & Silver

3. Write another book

4. Learn how to speak / write Latin

5. Learn how to crochet or knit

6. Take a cruise

7. Visit every state in the U.S.

8. Visit the pyramids in Egypt

9. Visit Rome

10. Visit Australia

11. Learn to salsa dance

12. Stay in a 5-star hotel

13. Go to the beaches on Hawaii

14. See a volcano

15. Learn to spin on the spinning wheel

16. Own my own home

17. Ride a train

18. Lose 40 pounds

19. Keep the weight off!

20. Learn how to sew clothing

21. Become debt free (fix my credit report!)

22. Stay in a haunted house (or hotel)

23. Learn how to and actually make my own liquors

24. Teach myself to write left-handed

25. Learn to drive a stick-shift

26. Be able to do the splits

27. See Stonehenge

28. Go on a safari

29. See a ballet

30. See an opera

31. Get acupuncture

32. Learn to shoot my bow

33. Take singing lessons

34. See the original Mona Lisa

35.  Write everyday

36.  Work on (and complete!) at least one craft per week

37. Buy a brand new car

38. Take singing lessons





Bucket List (with family)

1. Places to visit:

a) Disneyland

b) Disney world

c) Sea World

d) San Diego Zoo

e) California Redwoods

f) Vegas

g) New York City

h) Statue of Liberty

i) Grand Canyon

j) Yosemite

k) Hawaii

l) Mount Rushmore



2. Go on a picnic

3. Go camping

4. Go geocaching

5. Teach the kids to drive

6. Do science experiments from the books we bought

 
 
  Do you have a bucket list?  I'd love to hear any suggestions, or what you would like to accomplish before you "kick the bucket".

0 comments:

Blog Archive