~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)

   Maybe not necessarily always a blog post. Once again I have decided that I need to write every day.  Before I am allowed to go to bed, no matter how miserable and tired I am, I have to write something- be it a blog post, journaling or part of my story, it has to be something more than just a status update on Facebook.  Even if I just go to one of my blogger sites and bitch about how much it's pissing me off that I decided to do this!

  Today's topic is not as riveting as me having a temper tantrum.  Today's topic is teeth, and the oh-so-dreaded trip to the dentist. You see, I have not been to the dentist in, oh, let's say, ten(ish) years.  Recently (recent being over the past few months) my teeth have been really bothering me.  A couple weeks ago, my jaw gave out tremendous pain while chewing, to the point where I thought I was going to have to call Dustin home and have him take me to the urgent care.  It wound up going away on its own, but my teeth have still been very sensitive, especially while eating. The last time I had been to the dentist, they had warned that I was heading down the path of root canals.  So, understandably, I've been terrified of going to have my teeth looked at.  I was pretty sure I was in store for a lot of pain being dealt to my mouth, and a lot of money pouring out of my pocket. 

My sister recommended I go see a new dentist she had just found.  So, I called and made an appointment.  It snuck up all ninja-like on me today, and I think I almost had an anxiety attack, although I think I kept my cool pretty well.  Dr. Bloomquist took a look at my films, pointing out what she saw.  Apparently the joints in my jaw are not the greatest, but neither are they of concern (at least not yet).  She said everything on the film looked good.  She then proceeded to make me say "Aaaaaahhhhhhhggggghhhhh".   She dug around in there, poking with that stupid little pointy metal thing that always reminds me of pottery class (those dental tools rocked in that class!  You know, when they aren't poking at my teeth!).   And then I got the news....


I have a tiny, intsy bitsy cavity on the back of my very last tooth in the back of my mouth.  So small, it hadn't shown up on the film.  So small that I had the option of not even doing anything about it and seeing what happened.  I opted to get it filled, and that will happen next week (hopefully while under a lot of numbing agents, and I even have the option of some anti-anxiety meds.  I'm a pretty big freakin' wuss....).  Then, I am in dire need of a cleaning.  We decided it will be like power-washing the house.. when you can visibly see the crap coming off....  so that was lovely. 

And that's it.  After all this pain, suffering, agonizing and terror... I have a small little cavity.  She says the pain and sensitivity are probably due to the tartar build-up.  I guess they cause pressure on the nerves or something... I forgot to listen after hearing I only had one teensy cavity.  I was still in shock.. waiting for the horrible news about having to rip all my teeth out and put in metal pointy replacements (that's totally what I would have gone after if that had been the case... how cool would that be?!). 

So, Dr. Bloomquist was awesome, and I am thankful my sister recommended her.  And I'm still flabbergasted that I don't have more wrong with me.  She told me I have beautiful teeth.  I've heard that from all 3 dentists I've ever been to.  Guess I got lucky in that department, thank goodness!! 

0 comments:

Blog Archive