~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Friday, January 16, 2009

Truck



I've decided I need a truck. It is just not possible for me to be a good homemaker/gardener/whatever without one.

I'm a frequent visitor to Craigslist- I'll admit it. People sometimes want to get rid of some fantastic stuff. One man's trash is another man's treasure and all that jazz. I got my daughter a beautiful purple touch-lamp for her room. It has a pretty butterfly on it. The color matches her decor perfectly. It was all of maybe $5- and a touch lamp is something she had been asking for for many a month. How much better could it get?

Well, I keep seeing some of the bigger things I want at ridiculous prices (as in cheap. Omg.. I have to get it cheap). Things like new couches and chairs, a computer chair, desks, etc. Things too big for me to put in the car. It makes my tummy hurt, some of the things I've had to pass up.

The biggest ones are the beds I see that I would love to get the kids. I really want to get them new beds. Not necessarily the mattress, but just the bed. Right now, they are sleeping on their twin mattress, on top of a half of a queen size boxspring (you know, how they come in twos..). The boxspring is too big for the bed lengthwise, and a bit too small width wise. It doesn't make thier bed making skills increase any.... Nor can it be very comfortable.

I'd love to get my son a captains bed, and my daughter a trundle bed, which is what they want. I've seen them for sale, but there is no way I'd be able to get them home, and that frusterates me beyond all belief. My kids deserve real beds. I guess I'm going to have to just save up and fork out the extra and get them some new ones delivered.

But now, if I had a truck... they would already have nice new beds, and a desk, and we'd have new living room furniture, etc etc etc. Not to mention the items I've seen that would be lovely out in the garden I plan to put in this year.

Oh.. to have a truck. And now, the truck itself.. well, if I'm going to dream, I'm going to have what I want, no? Something big. I'm a fan of those Dodge Rams. They have such presence. Jacked up on some monster tires, of course. None of these sissy lowriders. I want something I need a ladder to climb into. I want a nice long bed, and extended cab. When I'm on the road, people are going to pull over in fear. Not that I am mean, but because I have presence! A truck that is shiny black, with that silver chrome linings... something that turns heads and keeps 'em looking long after I've gone. Yeah... one of those trucks...






Some day I'll have one. Except I'll never be able to drive it, because gas prices are going up again, so I won't be able to afford it!

0 comments:

Blog Archive