~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Monday, April 13, 2009

The Lost Art of Writing


I've decided I need a notebook. I have noticed that when I get the urge to write- like now, for instance- I actually want to write. Not type. I want a pencil and paper in my hand. I miss that process of sitting and writing. I'm tired of the computer monitor glaring in my face as I struggle over words to put down. I long for the smudge of lead on the paper, the erasures, the notes along the side. Something concrete I can hold in my hands. Somewhat like reading. I won't read those E-books. It's not the same to me. It hurts my eyes and my head. I can't put a bookmark in it and set it down for a moment. I can't drift away to sleep with it resting on my breast.

Everything is so digital now. I don't want a digital world. I want to grow vegetables in my garden, and live with dirt under my nails for it. I want to have chickens and have fresh eggs and have to clean up chicken poop for it. I want to create less waste, and deal with rinsing cans and washing cloth bags for it. I want to read and write, and have lead smudges on my fingers and torn pages for it. It sounds perfect to me.

0 comments:

Blog Archive