~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Roses and Worms

Today was a good day. The sun was high and bright. The sky was a marvelous blue that you just wanted to drink up. Indeed, I could have easily spent my day lounging outside next to the lake, soaking up a good book and the sun's rays.

Instead, I got a bit busy. After a morning workout, Dustin and I went to Lowe's and spent some money. We got a nice, fragrant jasmine bush, some rosemary, some strawberries, and a peppermint plant. Then I went to Walmart and got a Don Juan climbing rose vine.

Once home with my loot, I headed out into the garden in that happy warmth, and gave my bean plant and zucchini plants their new home. Tucked nicely into their dirt beds, I gave them a quick shower, and then dug out the hole for the rose bush. Then off to pick up the kids from school, and a pound of red worms. The worms went into our compost bin, and I'm excited to start getting nutrient-rich worm poo for my garden!

I love days spent out of doors. I didn't get my outdoor lounger, since all I found where the expensive ones. I'm really only looking for a cheapo one. One I can fold up and take with me easily down to the lake. Tomorrow I figure I can get my bathing suit, and hopefully that chair. Then, the next sunnylicious day off I have, I can take my book and my chair down to that wet horseshoe, and catch those rays and that story.

0 comments:

Blog Archive