~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Taxes



I just got done filing my taxes for this year. Finally. I kept putting it off, and putting it off, thinking it was going to be this huge, daunting task. I saw a commercial for free e-filing at TurboTax.com so decided to check it out. Even with the phone call I had to make to the IRS people to get my AGI and PIN from last year (the gal I spoke to was extremely nice, btw), I still got my taxes filed in about 30 minutes. Being interrupted by the demands of kids going to bed is included in that time. It was super easy, and now I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I sound like a damned commercial, but I'm just so freakin' exuberant!

I'm getting a nice sized return this year, and if the Student Loan people don't take it, then I plan on getting my car paid off. That is a weekly burden that I would LOVE to lift from our shoulders. It will be replaced with my kids getting their dental work they need started, which will be awesome. I won't mind paying that bill. Plus, it will be once a month, and their dad will help me with it, so it's not irritating like this stupid car payment is.

And maybe I can actually go rent that damn machinery to rip up the front yard. Or maybe I'll just say screw it and leave it for now. I can focus on furniture. Or put it away for a rainy day. Maybe get a nice vacation fund started for next year. My daughter and I were just talking today about how she wants to go to California. I guess she's seen enough of Oregon now. Now she has to keep going. South of course, because she's a little devil. Or she just likes the warmth, like her mommy.

So with this added to it, this has been a fantabulously productive couple of days! I still haven't gotten that darned closet cleaned out, but that can wait for a rainy day. The sunshine has just got me in too good of a mood to cram myself in that dank, dark place!

0 comments:

Blog Archive