~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Thursday, April 3, 2014

#8 April 3rd, 2014

Five things I am grateful for:

1.  Starbucks  (it got my daughter to go shopping with me today.  ;-)  )
2.  The sound of the birds singing outside my window in the morning.  It makes waking up a more peaceful thing.
3.  Music.  Seriously... life would be empty without it.
4.  Days off.
5.  Finding fabulous recipes that everyone in my house enjoys.  Especially when they're relatively healthy!


What did I cross off my list today?
.
I made a list of what I needed for my emergency first aid kit (which also is our regular first aid / medical kit).  I went through everything we currently have, threw out anything old or expired, crossed off what I already still had, and then went and bought the rest.

I also cleaned out my fridge.  

What did I do today that makes me happy?

Took my daughter to Starbucks and drank coffee while we shopped for mundane household things. :)
I also got my last massage today. It was 90-minutes long.  I was pretty happy.

What made me laugh?

The following exchange between my son and daughter:

To set the scene:  The three of us are sitting on my couch (it's actually more of a loveseat).  He's showing her how to copy music from my music folders onto her iPod library.   She drops the mouse on the floor.

Son:  "You dropped the mouse."
Daughter (without missing a beat):  "You are a mouse and you should be eaten by a cat."

Tell me that's not hilarious!

What new thing did I learn today?

You know those colors you see when you close your eyes?  The phenomena is called "phosphene".   You can read more about it Here.


What physical activity did I do?

I cleaned my kitchen pretty good, which is a workout in and of itself.

How was my diet?

Breakfast was horrendous (leftover pizza).  However, I made homemade Zuppa Toscana.  I no longer use the half & half in it.  I also use a ton of kale.  It might not be the healthiest thing, but it's better than much of the stuff I make! 


What inspired me?  Why?

I guess just getting stuff done.  Nothing specific.  Being able to spend time with my kids.  :) 

0 comments:

Blog Archive