~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7th, 2014.

Five things I am grateful for:

1.  Being able to teach my son something creative.  I showed him how to make paper roses last night, because he wanted to make some for his girlfriend (they just had their first anniversary).  He made some beautiful ones!

2.  My alarm clock.  While I hate it, I would never have gotten up in time today to get the kids off to school.

3.  Naps.  Also the fact that I have time to take one today before work.  =)

4.  It's supposed to be in the mid-60s today.  Although I'll be stuck inside at work, it is still nice to know that the warmer weather is coming, even if it's supposed to be 10 degrees cooler by my day off.

5. Friends that bring me coffee in the morning.  =D

What did I cross off my list today?
.
I went through the tupperware containers and cleaned that area out.  I also went through my baking/casserole dishes and miscellaneous cabinets.  I didn't have to take out too much, but now it's all organized, and I know what I have, can see it, and easily get to it.  =)

What did I do today that makes me happy?

I sat outside in the sunshine during my lunch break.  It was so nice out!!

What made me laugh?


What new thing did I learn today?

About necrophilia.

It won't let me put in the link from YouTube, so just follow  This Link Here.  You know you want to.


What physical activity did I do?

I did a total of 25 minutes on my treadmill.  2 minutes warm-up walking at 2.5 mph.  Then 18 minutes of jogging at 4 mph.   I then reduced by 0.5mph each minute afterwards as a cool down.  The total distance was 1.5 miles.

Then I did the following beginner's yoga video, which is more of a gentle stretching.  It wasn't as full of a stretch as I would have liked, but it was enough for now.  I might try to do a more all-encompassing one when I get home from work later if I can find one.


I also walked to and from work.


How was my diet?

I drank a 20oz bottle of water before leaving for work.  I also drank a large smoothie full of kale, strawberries, mango, pineapple, peas, blueberries, cranberry juice, and water.  It went with a piece of toast lightly buttered with honey, and a couple of fried eggs. 

I drank 3 more 20oz bottles of water while at work, and for lunch/dinner had my homemade Zuppa Toscana.  All in all, pretty decent, I think.


What inspired me?  Why?


I want to do this for my children.  I want to be someone they look up to.  Someone they look at and say, "You know what, despite everything, she did it.  She didn't give up."   I want to be a good example for them.  I want to be a good role model.  I know they, especially my daughter, will be looking to me for how to act, how to be a woman.  I remind myself this whenever I start giving up on myself, whenever I start feeling down on myself.  I think of what advice I would give her (and my son), what I would hope they would do, how they would react.  Then I try to model that.

0 comments:

Blog Archive