~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 8th, 2014

  I had a migraine today.  So much so that I had to leave work early.  Luckily, I had some time I needed to take off for an upcoming meeting, so I used those hours today.   I came home and discovered that my kids' dad isn't picking them up until tomorrow night, so I had to figure out something for dinner as well.  Pizza it was, which is against my "diet", and my desire to stop spending money on "going out to eat".  Oh well.

 The highlight of my night, though, came in the form of discovering that someone I thought actually might give a shit decided that playing his video game, that he plays every week, and played all night last night, was more important than spending time with me.  Even though the time we have left is limited.  I was already starting to think that unless sex was involved, he could give a rat's ass anymore.  Now I guess sex doesn't even matter.   So, that's how my night went.  I'm going to try to not let all this drama fuckery compromise my attempt at keeping up with the positive stuff below.  



Five things I am grateful for:

1.  Having a job with coworkers who understand migraines and the havoc they wreck, allowing me to leave early.

2.  Having friends who will come pick my ass up because I'm leaving work early due to above-mentioned headache, and it's pissing rain outside and I walked.

3.  Wine.  Unfortunately, I have none.

4.  Dark, quiet rooms.  I worked in one today, and I'm in one now.

5.  A place where I can vent.

What did I cross off my list today?
.
It wasn't on my list, but I had a doctor's appointment today that I had been putting off.  It alleviated some concerns of mine, and while I'm still not 100% in the clear until all the results are back, the prognosis is pretty spiffy.

What did I do today that makes me happy?

Came home early.  That made me happy.


What made me laugh?



What new thing did I learn today?

That nicotine might be helpful to people with Alzheimer's and dementia.  Of course, you shouldn't go start lighting up just yet.  They are hoping to eventually isolate the helpful component.



What physical activity did I do?

I got 20 total minutes on my treadmill today.   2 minutes warm-up (1 minute at 2mph, and 1 minute at 3mph), 15 minutes of jogging at 4mph, 1 minute cool-down at 3.5mph, 1 minute at 3mph, and 1 minute at 2.5mph.

Then this video for stretching.



Granted, it's less time all around than yesterday, but I also started my jog with the beginnings of a migraine, so I don't feel too horrible about it.  I'm pretty happy that I got anything done at all.  LOL

How was my diet?

Meh.


What inspired me?  Why?

0 comments:

Blog Archive