~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Thursday, April 10, 2014

April 10th, 2014

Last night was spent with a bottle of wine and crying myself to sleep.   It's amazing to me how I keep getting myself caught up in this shit.  I'm so guarded around people, specifically men.  My friends tell me I need to loosen up, let things flow, and let things happen.  I need to let down my walls and let people in.  However, whenever I do that, I'm quickly reminded as to why those walls are built so high around me in the first place.   Yesterday was a prime example.  Well, the past couple of days.

Regardless, I am not going to let it put a damper on me acknowledging what is still precious and good in my life.  I'm still going to acknowledge ways in which I allow myself to move forward.  I'm still going to smile and laugh and love those who have stayed by my side.   I let myself wallow last night.  I drank my wine (on an empty stomach), and I cried on a shoulder of a guy friend I've never met, but who "sat" with me the entire time and let me vent (through texts, but hey.. it worked).  I let it all out of my system.  I feel cleansed.  I expelled all (well mostly all) of that negative energy, and now I can let myself be refilled with positive energy again.  





Five things I am grateful for:

1.  Sunny days, even if weird people come wandering half-into my home.... =/

2.  Awesome coworkers

3.  Recipes that work.

4.  Sweaters

5.  A clean kitchen


What did I cross off my list today?
.
I got out and scrubbed the front porch, steps, and railing today.  It's not completely spotless, but it looks way better than it did this morning.

What did I do today that makes me happy?

Opened the door and curtains to let the sunshine and fresh air in, and took a nap.

What made me laugh?


What new thing did I learn today?

That if you take ripe strawberries, dip them into sour cream, and then dip them into brown sugar, it is freaking delicious.


What physical activity did I do?

Considering the fact that my arms still hurt from scrubbing the front porch, I'm thinking that counts as my physical activity.

How was my diet?

My breakfast consisted of a vegetarian egg casserole and fruit.  Dinner was chicken and homemade mac n cheese.  Not fantastic, but not dreadful.


What inspired me?  Why?





Especially in light of recent events, I sometimes have to remind myself that it is perfectly acceptable to walk my path alone without a mate/partner.  It doesn't make me any less of a person.  Some things just need to be done on my own.  This chapter (or perhaps the next few chapters) are solo.

0 comments:

Blog Archive