~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Tuesday, April 1, 2014

#7 April 1st, 2014

I made it through a week.  Nope, this isn't an April Fool's Day joke.  I'm not witty enough for those.   Looking back, I got 4/7 posts done, which is actually okay I think.  More than I expected, really.  So I'm happy with that.  I need to get better about crossing stuff off my list, but I've gone a bit crazy with my sleep today and yesterday, since the kids are on Spring Break and I can actually sleep in.  I've been taking advantage of it while I can.  =)   

Five things I am grateful for:

1.  Sunshine so I could walk to work.
2.  Coworkers that look out for me.
3.  Subtle pranks that aren't blatantly obvious.
4.  A quiet day at work today, despite it being April Fool's Day.
5.  The strange shit my kids and their friends listen to.

What did I cross off my list today?
.
Nothing. :(

What did I do today that makes me happy?

I walked to work.  I love doing that, even if my eyes get all goopey with allergies.

What made me laugh?

Whatever this crazy crap my son and his friend are listening to...


What new thing did I learn today?

That if you (or your son, because it's April Fool's Day) change the date on your computer to a date 17 years ago... Firefox won't open any websites. 


What physical activity did I do?

I made it 15 minutes on my treadmill.   I did the 30 minutes just fine my first day, and then it went downhill from there.  I'm determined to work my way back to it, though.  

I am also walking to work today, and if the weather holds, I will walk home as well.  For those who don't know, I have to walk about a half mile up a hill.  It's a steep hill.  Part of it is so steep they put stairs in. LOL

*  I didn't walk home.  Not because I didn't want to, because I really did.  My coworker/pal gave me a ride home after the super creepy guy at work kept making eye contact with me, to the point where I was afraid he thought I was actually making eyes at him.  Since he knows my route home, and walks this same way often, my friend and I weren't really comfortable with me walking home tonight.  =/    I'd much rather lose out on a mile walk, then have to potentially deal with him, though.   

How was my diet?

I ate breakfast-  just your basic bacon and egg breakfast burrito.  I cut some green onions and fresh basil into it.  I need to get to the store to stock up on more veggies.  I can't wait until the market here opens and the Farmer's Market is in swing again, so I can just pick up fresh produce on my way home.

I did make a smoothie full of fruits and a couple of carrots.  I need to get to the store and replenish my supply of kale/spinach.


What inspired me?  Why?


This talk by Ash Beckham

Really- take the 11 minutes and watch it.  Yes, it talks about lesbianism, but it's not just that.  It is relevant to all people.  We all have closets.  We all have hard talks we have to have.  

0 comments:

Blog Archive