~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Sunday, April 6, 2014

#9 April 6th, 2014

Friday night I got to work the teen lock-in at the library with a couple of workers, and a whole slew of teens, including my own.  It was a ton of fun.  Back to the Future II,  pizza, and an 80s themed disco dance party.  The only drawback to the whole thing was that I had to work 3pm to 11pm Friday night, and then turn around and be back at work at 8am the next morning.  Needless to say, I was a bit tired.  Another coworker had pity on me and bought me a coffee mid-shift to keep me going.  All of my coworkers are seriously awesome, by the way.

However, I don't think it's surprising that I didn't get to my "dailies" Friday or Saturday.  By the time I got home from work yesterday, I was pretty much done.  I showered, got into my jammies, and vegged on the couch watching Grimm and the X-Files until I took my book to bed and finished it.  Oh, I did clean the kitchen and make dinner, so I did accomplish some stuff before being completely useless for the rest of the evening.  :)  

 


Five things I am grateful for:

1.  Sleep
2.  Coffee
3.  Payday
4.  Being paid to do things like the teen lock-in
5.  A clean kitchen

What did I cross off my list today?
.
Nothing.  I'm bad.  I know.


What did I do today that makes me happy?

I went out for coffee with a good friend.  We took her girls to the park and had some much needed girl talk..


What made me laugh?

This.  Just.. you might not want to watch it at work.



What new thing did I learn today?

That the guy who invented the Pringles can was cremated and buried in one when he died.   Or that canola oil was originally called rapeseed oil.  That 25% of an apples volume is air, which is why they float in water.  Apparently I didn't correctly put in the link, and now I don't remember where I learned all that.  It was probably Mental Floss, though.  Same place as the video above. 

Oh, and all the stuff in the above video... 



What physical activity did I do?

Nothing.  I walked over to the birthday party, which is just around the corner, and back.  Not really exercise, but it got me some fresh air.

How was my diet?

.....


What inspired me?  Why?

Nothing really today.   I got a good night's rest though, even if I did wake up stupid early. 



0 comments:

Blog Archive