~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ex Libris




I was reading an email I got from my Word of the Day subscription with a compilation of members comments regarding the word "ex libris". The following is from a poster a gentleman on there has, that claims to be from the Monestary of San Pedro, Barcelona (date unknown). It reads:

"A Curse Against Book StealersFor him that stealeth a book from this library, let it change into a serpent in his hand and rend him. Let him be struck with palsy and all his members blasted. Let him languish in pain crying aloud for mercy and let there be no surcease to his agony till he sink to dissolution. Let bookworms gnaw his entrails in token of the worm that dieth not, and when at last he goeth to his final punishment, let the flames of hell consume him for ever and aye. "

That's one hell of a curse! Wonder what the patrons would think if we had that on our walls in the library!

0 comments:

Blog Archive