~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Monday, February 2, 2009

We Are Not Immune...

Ever get sick of those library fines and wish you could push a button and get rid of them? Me too. Unfortunately, that isn't how it works, even sitting back here on the other side of the counter.

I lost two books. $13 and $14 for them. And now, me- the person who WORKS here at the library- am blocked. I am unable to check out any more materials until I pay my lost dues. Grrr.... and there are so many great titles to check out!

I guess this just means it's time for me to get a little bit more organized around my house. I also need to keep my "bringing items home for the kids" in check. I have a tendency to find all these things I think my kids will just love. Then of course, I get them home, and they could care less. That is precisly what happened with these two lost items. I thought my son would be thrilled. Instead, they have been moved aside hither and thither, and now I can't find them. $30 for something they didn't have any interest in. However, maybe if I buy them, then they will take notice. Otherwise maybe I'll just donate them back to the library.

So, for all of you out there with overdue fines, damaged material fines, lost item fines- know that it happens to all of us- even us library employees! (in fact, we probably rack them up even more!)

0 comments:

Blog Archive