~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's a Beautiful Morning

I woke up in a grouchy mood this morning. The one morning when I get to really, truly sleep in. This only comes once every two weeks now, with my new schedule. My one morning, and nope... waking up grouchy. I slept shallowly all night. I was anticipating the nice, rich, deep slumber I've been getting all week (to be torn out of by my blasted alarm clock). Instead, I got to skim the surface. Don't get me wrong. I slept. I dreamt. But it wasn't a refreshing, relaxing sleep.

And I woke up with a headache. One of those tension kind that spread like a taunt rubber band across the forehead. Those blasted rubber bands. I wonder what would happen if I snapped it. If I just reached up with a pair of scissors and cut through that tight band. Would it feel all better? Or would my brain snap with it. Of course, that might make it feel better as well.

I like to sleep. It's my one guilty pleasure. My little escapism. From what, who knows. Just life and it's duties in general. My dreams are always interesting. At least while I'm having them. Even when they are "bad" dreams, they are intriguing. But at the same time I want to be a morning person. Every day, while I'm sitting here looking at bedtime, or at how much I need to do, etc... I think that I should be much better if I started my day earlier. I don't stay up horribly late at night, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Not until morning comes around, at least. Then, knowing full well that I need to get up, because the alarm clock is blaring in my ear, I hit the snooze button a dozen times before I get up. Morning annoys me- I am not a morning person. I lie there ant think- why should I get up any earlier? What would I possibly do with myself between the time I got up, and the time I get the kids up? My brain conjurs up things like exercise. I know that won't happen though. I'm an afternoon exerciser.

Ok, what about writing? I should use those quiet hours to get some serious writing done. But, my laptop is derelict enough that it drives me crazy to use it now. It's too slow, to used up. And sitting here at the desktop is too uncomfortable for writing. The angles are all wrong. Excuses, excuses. I think that is all it is. I am sitting here now, writing this. I should be writing my story. But I'm grumpy, and that isn't happening right now, because I want to be grumpy and complain. So, I'm complaining instead.

About how my head hurts, and I should be writing. And I should be a morning person.

Yeah, someday. Right now, though, I am going to do a spell check here so you all don't see how lousy of a speller I am. Then finish my cup of coffee, and perhaps even have another. Then, well that is yet to be decided yet. I need to clean house. Get the kids in their rooms to clean up. I might go get my daughter a haircut. I'd like to go search for some of the baking/cooking pans I need for some recipies I've been eyeballing. Wonder if the Goodwill would have any. Doubt my luck is that good, but a trip to the Goodwill is always fun. As long as I'm not trying on clothes.

The sun will come out tomorrow, they say. Yes, perhaps it will. It will come out today as well. My headache won't last forever, and neither will my grumpiness. I'm always grumpy in the morning. Anyone who sees me in the morning knows that!

So, to copy straight out of the Latin book, since I'm failing horribly in my quest to learn it:

Sit hic dies tibi iucundus, abeo!

0 comments:

Blog Archive