~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Tuesday, March 3, 2009

a Dog and my Garden

I'm sure hearing about the mundane tasks of my ordinary life are not what you signed up for with this. But too bad- you get to read about them anyway, because at least it's getting me on here writing about something.

I got most of my house cleaned up today. It can be a chore when you're chasing around a man, 2 pre-teen kids, a dog, and a cat. (not me.. I'm the epitome of clean.....) *you can laugh now*

Kitchen got a good wipe down. It's amazing the things you find in the corners of the kitchen. Bathrooms, too. That's gross though, and very rarely will I get my hands dirty there. I leave bathroom duty for Dustin. He's got a stronger stomach than I. However, all of the laundry is done. I even put it all away, including the kids. Their's took some rearranging of drawers and closets. And that prompted me to jimmy-rig some kind of device together for my daughter's dresser, since the drawer handles had broken off. Some twine, a few pretty beads, and a couple knots, and now she can get her drawers open again. And there is a little decoration thrown in.


After I was satisfied with the house, and realized my ambition to exercise via Wii was all but vanished, I decided that it was a beautiful day awasting. I headed out to get my plants transferred into the garden plot. Radishes went first. They were begging to be set free! I went back to the shed for the carrots ( I think. Everything started to get all jumbled together.. so we'll see if everything grows where I think it is!). And of course, while heading back over to the garden bed, our dog decided he wanted to go nuts, and tore right through where I had just planted the radishes. Of all the area in the bed, he had to go right through there. I thought I was going to kill him. I was pretty sure we'd be having doggie stew for dinner. However, I composed myself, tended to my little darlings, sweet talking them into hanging in there. And then yelled at the dog. He's still alive though, laying here behind my chair like nothing happened.

No writing done today. Wish I could say that was surprising, but it's not. I did wind up doing some last night, and was so dissatisfied and peeved at it, I had to stop and go to bed. It kept me up most of the night, the scene playing out in my head, but not being able to find the right words to put down. Grrr! I'll try again later. Right now I have to go get dinner started. Red beans and rice. It's a prepackaged bag. Hopefully it won't be too spicy. Otherwise I just may end up at Taco Bell anyway.

0 comments:

Blog Archive