~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The 'Ol Switcheroo

There's nothing like rearranging your house to give you a sense of fresh accomplishment. It has its little way of giving you the feeling that you've done something to better your lifestyle.

Today, we did a few arrangements. We swapped out coffee tables. We had a regular, table with legs in the living room which Dustin uses as a desk for his two monitors. We switched it out with the other one we had in the game room , which had a bunch of storage underneath, not to mention gives more tabletop space. Now, all of the random stuff that accumulates around that area can be neatly stored underneath and out of sight.

We also gave the kids' desk area some more storage. We had one of those tall, skinnyish plastic drawer units in the kitchen, and it really wasn't being used as I had hoped. (My fault, since we decided to go ahead with putting in shelves instead.) So I pulled it out and placed it next to the kids' desk. Now, they have a drawer for their pens, pencils, and scholastic materials (think compass, calculator, etc). They have a drawer for their play dough. One for their scholastic workbooks. One for paper. And they each have a drawer of their own for any of their randomness that hangs around there (mainly, my son's Lego stuff, and my daughter's books and trinkets).

Then for my desk. I took off a small shelf that had wasted, unused space below it, that my monitor sat on. Then I moved the shelves over to the wall side of my desk, and my monitor so that it sits directly in front of me. This way, I don't have to turn my head to look at my monitor. It's much nicer on my neck in the long run. Plus, now my desk is all dusted, rearranged, and sharper looking, I think.

I feel accomplished now. I have a flank of corned beef thawed in the kitchen that I am about to go throw into my new crock pot for dinner. I need to go check out whether or not my Wii will play dvds, and if not, see about hooking up the old dvd player to it (I really need something new to work out to. The Wii Fit is just boring now, so that I don't have motivation to go do it). Then, after finishing up with the laundry, I will be nice and content with my day's work. I might even go try and mess around in the garden if the weather holds up some more. Gods and Goddesses alike all know that I could use the Sunshine!

0 comments:

Blog Archive