~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cooking Light and Lots


So, I grabbed a book from the library the other day that passed through my hands at the check-in station. It's called Taste of Home's "Everyday Light Meals". In an attempt to occupy my daughter during my son's karate class, as well as maybe find dinners to make that she'd actually eat, I had her go through and write down everything that looked appealing to her. I may as well just had her earmark the entire book. She wrote down tons of foods that struck her fancy, and that's saying allot for this picky little eater.

I just may have to go buy the book.

Now I have a long list of items to stock my pantry with, and I am pleased to see that many of the recipies call for similar ingredients, so I do not have to constantly run to the store in order to make each day's meals. I will be able to come home after a busy day, and whip something up with the ingredients on hand. That's super handy! (Please pardon the pun... though it made me giggle inside.)

I'm actually pretty excited to make some of this stuff, and double kudos to the fact that it's light on the calories and thereby my waistline!

Tonight: Pizza from Pizza Hut!

0 comments:

Blog Archive