~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Am I Suprised?


In a stage of relative boredom, I was searching the Internet, trying to remember old friends' names and such, looking to see just how much I could find on the Internet (type my name in there- I'm everywhere! muwahahaha!). I typed in the name of an ex-boyfriend I had when I was living in California. I was quite surprised to see that I could still remember how to spell his last name. It was a bit unique.


Anyway- first thing that came up was a guy who was in the middle of serving a 15-year sentence for manslaughter for shooting a woman, whom- according to the article I read- he thought was a burglar.


I looked through the state's prison system, since the age range would actually fit, expecting to see someone I didn't know (it's amazing where my boredom takes me sometimes). Instead, a familiar face popped up before me, his green eyes staring right back into mine. Wowza! That made my tummy feel all ooky and hollow... like it was trying to crawl farther into my body.


It's strange. I think a part of me knew it was really him when I read the article. Not that I think he was really a big murderous person, but that he could be impulsive, and not really think things all the way through before acting. Granted, it's been probably 15 or 16 years since I've seen or heard from him, but still. I thought about writing him, but really, what would I say? Hi? Lol... that would be kind of funny. But no- best to leave that alone, I think.

1 comments:

Accumulate Man said...

People come and go out of our lives. Wanting to keep up with those who once mattered to us is only natural. But it's always a touch sad and just a bit creepy whenever you read about someone you knew, someone who mattered, that went down the outlaw trail. Makes you wonder how close you were at the time to being a name in a newspaper article youself. Whenever that happens I always feel like I a dodged a bullet, and then I smile. Life is short. No sense making it shorter by hanging out with the wrong crowd, eh? Accumulate Man

Blog Archive