~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Slim-Slow

I had every intention of beginning a new Slim-Fast diet today. One for breakfast, and one for lunch, with a baggie of trail mix with extra almonds in it. Yep- that was the plan. I was envisioning a svelte new body in a matter of days! Ok, maybe weeks- but still.



So what happens? I am so woozy I think I'm going to keel over. My head is doing it's light show on me, which is a sign of an impending migraine. Instead of drinking my Slim-Fast and eating my nuts (interesting sentence, there), I head over to Amy's On The Bay next door. I got a soup and salad combo. Sounds like it should be nice and healthy, right? Nope. It's salad with ranch dressing (which is actually probably a healthy enough meal), with clam chowder soup nestled all snug and warm inside of a sourdough bread bowl. Scrumptious!

Okay, now my tummy is nice and full. My brain decided it wouldn't split in fourteen different pieces, and I can see. Worth the fat and calories I'm assuming.



On a wholey different note- the smell of smokers makes me gag. All you smokers out there- quit it! Yuck!

1 comments:

Accumulate Man said...

I prefer satisfied over grouchy anyday. I go too long without eating and then there's hell to pay. As my mom would say to me when I would turn into a bear "eat, eat!" Skinny folks go around grumpy all the time and there's a reason for that. They forget that food is your friend. Food and happiness go together like two old pals. Slim fast..blech! Been there, done that. Give me a bread bowl full of chowder anyday! Accumulate Man

Blog Archive