~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Monday, May 4, 2009

Karate Chop!

My son had karate again this evening. He'd had to miss two weeks of class due to a toe infection, and then a camping trip with his Boy Scout Troop.

But in light of this, and a mark of just how dedicated he has become to his karate studies, he was able to complete the next kata in his class, and he got his second stripe on his belt. This was completely unexpected! His sensei told him that if he can complete this kata flawlessly and with confidence in two weeks, he will put his name up to be challenged to earn his orange belt!

So far, his sensei is highly impressed with my son's progress. He's only been in karate for three months, and knows two katas, and strives to further his knowledge of terminology as well as form of movements.

I've watched the qualifying tasks for achieving an orange belt. It was pretty brutal, both physically and mentally. He has a couple weeks to prepare for it. Now it's time for me to be on the ball as well, and while I may not be able to help him with protecting himself in the physical part, I can at least get his mind prepared for the knowledge part.

I'm so proud!!

0 comments:

Blog Archive