~A Bitter Swallow~

I think I thought-vomited in my brain a little bit...

Thought-Vomit

My brain is constantly mumbling and muttering to itself. Sometimes it screams. Sometimes what it has to say is interesting enough to make note of, or is adamant enough that it must come out. I'll put that stuff here. :)
Friday, May 22, 2009

Writing

I have a story line I am suppose to be working on. I'm not going very well at it. I have a horrible tendency to over think things. I don't want to be one of those writers that over describes everything. But at the same time, I don't want to be too shallow, either. I know I should just put it all in there. That is what editing is for, is it not?

But, my over-critical self reads too much into what I write. I suppose I should just allow myself to immerse myself into the scenes in my head. I should let myself paint those pictures on the paper- no matter how minute the importance. I can always go back through later and erase. I hate erasing.

I am looking into the workings of the brain. I wish I could find information on puberty that isn't solely devoted to sex. I am sure I can find info off the Internet, but I never feel wholly confident in what I find on there.

Now I also get to do light research into the voodoos and hoodoos of countries like Africa. That part I think will be fun.

0 comments:

Blog Archive